Hello!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Leafstalker

Hello!

Post#1 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi people! I can't believe no one is here yet discussing this incredible looking game. Let me start off by repeating how beautiful the YT videos looked and the transitions were very smooth. It certainly has great promise and as usual, there will be much hype over the sim. I hesitate to call it a game yet, as it really looks more like a sim at this Alpha stage, but I hope you all can deliver on your vision.
I seen Alien AI as an upcoming feature. I hope you do it right and not too cheesy, because I think it would ruin the feel of the game at present. I'm hopeful about the survival game aspect of it and I hope you research this part by watching other survival gameplay out there, and implement a full featured and robust crafting system. I love survival and crafting type games, and with a space theme and the GORGEOUS graphics you already have as a basis, it could be a huge success!
I wish you the best of luck with the game, and hope we will be able to get our hands on it ASAP, to play, erm I mean to test it !

ZOlivier
Founder

Re: Hello!

Post#2 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:08 am

Thanks Leafstalker for these Great comments and for this First Post !
Please feel free to invite your friends here, you can talk about anything you like.

It's normal for a forum to be deserted in its first days, but we are trying to get more people in to post the first few subjects like you did, and then this forum will start living :P

On our part we are working very hard Full-time on the development of the game itself hence not much time to create many posts ourselves, we've just took two days to put this forum online including the new website and some publicity etc.
We will start posting some news about upcoming features very soon though.

For now I agree that the game looks more like a sim, we've only posted videos about the graphics and the possibilities of the vastness of space and the seamless transitions.
But we're working on adding a gameplay right now and will be posting new vids soon :)

As for the aliens, we're not there yet but we're planing to do something more realistic, for instance instead of grey aliens with laser guns like in most games/movies, it would be more like very amazing and completely different creatures, different sizes, some passive, others very aggressive..

For the crafting system, we're currently in the stage of proof of concept for network performance and possibilities, and it's looking good so far ;)

By the way the multiplayer and networking part of the game is already done and 100% working and we're building on top of it.
So you can gladly expect the first Alpha release to be 100% multiplayer capable :D

You will also be able to play Solo of course !

On these nice words I should go back to work on the game (or maybe go to sleep.. something I don't do very often these days :lol: )
Again thank you very much for your first post, stay put for updates !

Canleskis

Post#3 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:54 am

I missed the first post bouahh. I'm glad to be the first forum's member of this amazing game I'm waiting so much :D Can't wait to see more and I'm also happy to see you, developers, talking to his community! (I've already talked to you on Twitter and now you're here)
Et vive la France !

ZOlivier
Founder

Post#4 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:10 am

[quote="Canleskis"]I missed the first post bouahh. I'm glad to be the first forum's member of this amazing game I'm waiting so much :D Can't wait to see more and I'm also happy to see you, developers, talking to his community! (I've already talked to you on Twitter and now you're here)
Et vive la France !

Thank you for your comment,
you were not the first to Post a new topic but definitely the first to register and to Comment a topic !
You still deserve some credit here 8-)

There is also a French Forum at http://fr.galaxy4d.com/
It's a different forum, looks exactly the same but the users and posts will be different.
There's your chance to be the First to Post a Topic there :mrgreen:
If I'm not mistaking I think you are already registered on this forum as well.
And don't be scared of the French administrator (@DKSM), he's as nice as me :lol:

Bon clavardage !

Canleskis

Post#5 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:22 am

Ahah thanks a lot! I was writting a post in the french forum while you were answering me :D I was a bit confused when i saw that i couldn't use the same account throug the french forum and the english one. I've already tried to register when the forum was under construction but there was not register button so I was confused and then i came back one day later and the button appeared! I was really happy but I didn't post because I think I didn't know what to say so I was afraid to seem a bit ridiculous :(
Anyway I didn't expect you to answer me that fast and like I said before I am very haapy to see developers talking to his community! Have a nice day!

ZOlivier
Founder

Post#6 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:41 am

[quote="Canleskis"]Ahah thanks a lot! I was creating a post in the french forum while you were answering me :D I was a bit confused when i saw that i couldn't use the same account throug the french forum and the english one. I've already tried to register when the forum was under construction but there was not register button so I was confused and then i came back one day later and the button appeared! I was really happy but I didn't post because I think I didn't know what to say so I was afraid to seem a bit ridiculous :(
Anyway I didn't expect you to answer me that fast and like I said before I am very haapy to see developers talking to his community! Have a nice day!

I saw your post on the french forum right after I answered you :)
The two forums are separated mainly because it's two different languages and we don't want people to have a hard time understanding the other language.
But also because it's two different servers (One in Canada, the other in France) with two different configurations hence two distinct databases and automatically syncing users would cause issues.
We think that most users will post mostly on one forum so they don't have to register on both, they still can read posts as guests on the other.
But we don't mind if users register on both forums :D

I live in Canada so it's 3h40 in the morning here and I'm up since 6 am yesterday :lol: i'm going to go to sleep now, my French partner should be online soon to take care of the french forum ;)

It was very nice to end my day with two great members talking on our Forum :D

By the way I speak french too, I will be posting on the french forum as well :mrgreen:

Have a nice day !

Canleskis

Post#7 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:46 am

So I wish you a good night and I'm happy to know you're talking French too, that's respectable!
And BTW i'm absolutely agree why you've separated the two forums and that's pretty clever!

Good night, it was nice to talk to a great developer like you!

Return to “General Discussion”